Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Love Garrett Wang

     Ok world.  I finally confess.  I love Garrett Wang!  I have for years and I'm not ashamed to shout it out to the universe.  Why do I feel this way for Garrett?  Who knows why we fall for someone.  Maybe it's his cuteness.  His personality or character?  His acting abilities?  It might just be his aura!  I don't know......I just know that my heart skips a beat when I see his picture, or even think about him.  Crazy, huh?!


     I remember the first time Garrett came into my life.  It was way back while watching an episode of "All-American Girl".  Remember that sitcom starring Margaret Cho?  (Which, by the way, should have had a longer t.v life than it did).  Anyway, he had me at this point but I didn't see him anywhere after that.  It was a couple of years later that fate intervened and that's when I knew his and my lives were mean't to come together......Star Trek: Voyager.


     Are you kidding me!?  Garrett is Ensign Kim!!!!!  I remember looking forward to the next Star Trek franchise.  (The one with the female captain, the awesome Kate Mulgrew).  Well, to say the least, the next seven years of having the pleasure to see Garrett on a weekly basis was fantastic.  I always liked Star Trek, but now I watched it because HE was there!  Although, there were a couple of lame episodes where he had a girlfriend or something like that.  I eventually forgave him by the next episode.  Besides, Ensign Kim's love interest usually had a tragic end or something similar (thank goodness!).
    
     I lost track of Garrett for a couple of years until I discovered him on "Star Trek: Of God's and Men".  Wow... love the bad boy character (Commander Garan) in addition to that long hair! 


     So there it is.  I've let the world know about my great love for Garrett.  In fact, now that I think of it, my partner of 4 years resembles Garrett a bit.  I guess I figured if I couldn't have the real thing I would settle for a close copy.

    Although, I know in my heart that there's only ONE Garrett Wang.  So, my friend, I'll be watching for you again and hoping that one day soon, just maybe ...... .

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! Garrett is... just plain tasty *blush**
    A couple years ago, a friend, who owed me a HUGE favor, went to a small Trek Con in Mississippi. He's a Con regular and Garrett knows him by name. Anyhoo, he explained to Garrett about the huge favor and asked if he'd be willing to talk to me. Garrett (super, awesome nice guy that he is) agreed. So I get this phone call... O-M-G! *sigh* We chatted for about 10 minutes. My heart pounding the entire time. His voice is like listening to chocolate--deep, warm, rich, inviting--and he talked to me like it as the most natural thing in the world . Great forever memory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Love it! And I am so jealous too! All I have is an original script with Garrett's autograph. lol

    ReplyDelete